unity mobile optimization techniques to follow and get good FPS and drawcall to increase mobile performance in unity and with unity audio formats...
Good performance is critical specially for mobile devices.To give you some important techniques and info about making better performance we made this guide.
First start it with draw call.
What is draw calls and how to reduce them?
Draw call is a material in an object drawn to screen/gameplay. for example an object with 1 material = 1 draw call and an object with 9 materials = 9 draw calls, camera, lights, shadows, sky and so on
To reduce draw calls Unity can easily combine many objects at runtime plus draws them along with a single draw call. This process is called “batching”. The more objects Unity can batch with each other, the better rendering performance you can get.
Below is an example of batching. A scene with lots of objects having only 3 draw calls.
- You should have the total number of materials as low as possible. This will make it easier for Unity to batch objects.
- Check the size of the textures./It depends what your target platform is. check out the list.
- Try to keep under 8k tris for mobile devices.
- Maintain 20 to 30 draw calls.
- Use compressed texture formats when possible, otherwise prefer 16bit textures over 32bit.
- Set non movable object to static batching.
Things to keep in mind:
- For movable objects like car, enemies etc. in order to optimizing the overall performance of game characters is dynamic batching
Sometimes you thing everything is perfect but what the hell is making performance trouble :(. oh yes this is your audio. If you have poor or bad quality audio files you are doing wrong.
As Unity say:
Audio can be Native or Compressed. Unity supports most common formats.
Supported Formats and compression
|Format||Compressed as (Mac/PC)||Compressed as (Mobile)|
|Ogg Vorbis||Ogg Vorbis||MP3|
You must remember the fact that different mobile devices have different screen sizes, resolutions and aspect ratios. and yes you want your game to run all mobile devices for this check it out here
Say us if we miss something important! SAY