Cubiquity for Unity3D is a flexible and powerful voxel engine for both the free and pro versions of Unity. It can be used to create terrains with caves and overhangs that can be edited in real time, or to create...
Requires Unity 4.3.4 or higher and worth $200.
Cubiquity is a flexible and powerful voxel engine for both the free and pro versions of Unity. It can be used to create terrains with caves and overhangs that can be edited in real time, or to create retro-style environments built from millions of colored cubes.
- Support for both smooth terrain and colored cubes type environments.
- Built on a C++ native code library (but works with the free version of Unity).
- Support for multiple volumes which can exist in transform hierarchies.
- Unique material blending algorithm on smooth terrain.
- Direct voxel access for implementing procedural generation.
- Publicly accessible Git repository and issue tracker.
- Only desktop platform are supported (Windows, OS X, Linux).
- Volumes size is currently limited to a few tens of millions of voxels.
- All C# and shader code is included but not the C++ code.
You can download a fully-functional copy of the system which is completely free for non-commercial and evaluation use (the download link is available in our forum thread below). No need to wonder whether Cubiquity is right for you, just give it a try and see!