Unity and Google have worked to develop this technical preview, that gives you early access to Daydream functions. The technical preview is a customized form of the Unity Editor and Android Player.
Thinking about developing new VR experiences for Google’s Daydream program?
Unity and Google have worked to develop this technical preview, that gives you early access to Daydream functions. The technical preview is a customized form of the Unity Editor and Android Player. (In future versions of Unity Daydream, it's going to be delivered as an element of the entire public releases.) Unity would like to notice your feedback on the preview, that you can express on unity's Daydream forums.
In case you are fresh to Android development, make sure to check out Unity’s Getting Started Guide for Android. To find out more about dealing with Daydream and Unity, kindly visit the following sites:
- Google’s VR site for developers
- Daydream overview, documentation and tutorials, Unity-specific documentation
- Daydream Technical Preview Forum
If you’re ready to jump right in, download the Technical Preview now.
See Also: Top 10 Free Low Poly Models From CGTrader
Enable DaydreamWhen you have downloaded and installed Unity, allowing Daydream is easy:
- Navigate to the Android Player Settings -> Other Settings and enable “Virtual Reality Supported” (which is shown in the screenshot). Add Daydream to the menu of Virtual Reality SDK’s.
- If you would like your application to begin as a normal application (not in VR) add ‘None’ as the first support device and then toggle to VR by using script.